Charitable accommodation has existed on this site since 1485 when funds were bequeathed by John Gardner to build Gardner’s Chantry. Our Almshouses were built in 1938 to replace them with further bequests made by Caroline Fry and Mary Simpson. We have eight bungalows, four of which are suitable for double occupancy. The Warden at Lindow Close also oversees these properties
Queen Street has many of Lancaster’s finest Georgian Merchant’s houses and though close to the City centre, is a quiet haven, making it much sought after.
How to Apply